Since hearing the devastating news that we had failed our tier one domestic licence and UEFA licence for season 2018-2019, we as a club have been exhausting every avenue to try get the decision overturned. The possibility of the high court as well as CAS were both options explored. After seeking legal advice from barristers' counsel and solicitors, the board of directors at Bangor City FC can confirm that there was no guarantee that the case would be successful. With the financial pressure involved to pursue this legal matter it would leave the club in a perilous position and could have significant implications on the immediate return to the Welsh Premier League.
A new accounts team have been appointed to ensure that this situation never arises again and that the tier one licence will be obtained next season.
Bangor City FC will have a budget in place to enable the new management team to compete at the top of the Cymru Alliance as well as compete strongly in all cup competitions.
We have yet to be told by the Welsh FA if we will or will not compete in the Irn Bru Cup. We are told we will be given an answer on this in early June.
Due to unforeseen circumstances tomorrow's proposed press conference has been postponed and will now be next Wednesday 23rd May at 14:00 at the VSM Stadium.
Updated 10:30 - 16 May 2018 by luke Purcell